So I’ve been beating around the bush for a month now. Thanks for bearing with me, as I had to keep mum for a few reasons.
But, alas, the cats outta the bag.
I’m going back to Australia!
And I’m not talking sometime in the distant future. I’m talking in less than a month.
Sorry Melbourne, looks like you’re going to have to try a little harder if you think you’ll get rid of me that easy!
It was a long and exhausting battle, but man oh man is it worth it.
Towards the last month or so of my study abroad, I started to get really uneasy that I would be leaving this place. I felt like my experience was being cut short.
I was starting to develop these relationships with some of the best people and I was even making some strong connections in the business world as well.
It hurt me even more that all of these amazing people were having a hard time letting me go too
5 months just wasn’t long enough…
Every scenario which I tried to make for myself just didn’t sit well with me. I finally came up with some crazy idea that I would finish Uni in Melbourne in November. Go back to Uni in Denver in January, then hop on the first flight after my exam and dive headfirst into Uni again in Melbourne.
So yeah, it’s a little unorthodox.
Yes, I will have been in Uni from July to June with only a 4 week break. But wouldn’t you be willing to work your ass off to take advantage of such an amazing opportunity?
Lots of links, but I just can’t help it I love it too much.
So what does this mean for le blog?
- Posts are going to be more sporadic, but I am going to try to get 3 posts up a week. (I’m not making any promises though)
- I’m still going to try to keep up with all of your lovely blogs
- I do not have a kitchen, I only have a fridge in my room and a “harry potteresque dining hall” where I live. I do not snap food photos in said dining hall
- There will be more ‘life pics’ then ‘food pics’
- I have invitations to come cook at friends flats. This makes me a happy girl and also leaves some potential for food bloggin’ pics from down unda
- I WILL continue to frequent Melbourne coffee spots and food locales
- Until then I am going to continue bloggin’ (and cooking) from good ol’ Denver
Today has been a very lovely day. I got invited to TWO honor societies and scheduled TWO (amazing) job interviews.
Three’s? Psh, great things clearly come in two’s
Hear that? Oh, it’s my horn.
Sooo just so this isn’t a completely food less post here a quick montage of some eats.
Angela’s Pumpkin Sesame Cookies were also made at some point over the past week.
Warning: The batter of navy beans, pumpkin, vanilla and maple smells live vanilla heaven and is highly addictive when eaten straight outta the food processor.
Ok, we’ve all been bitten by the travel bug at some point.
What’s your dream destination?
Since I can knock Australia off the list, I’ll have to go with Thailand!