Immediately when I saw this recipe I was inspired. It sounded so succulent.
I made my own version off of what I had in the house and it couldn’t have been easier.
- 1 c quinoa
- 2 c water
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/3 c hemp seeds
- 2 T Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 c mushrooms
- 3 chicken cutlets (optional – I used the whole free range organic kind )
- chopped green onion
- garlic (I used 1/2 t of prechopped)
- Add garlic and quinoa into a pot over medium heat for 1~3 minutes
- Meanwhile saute mushrooms and chicken in a separate pan
- Add water to quinoa mix
- Once quinoa has absorbed liquid add in Teriyaki sauce, then the cooked chicken, mushrooms, hemp seeds, and green onion
I can’t believe its taken me this long to make a full on cooked meal with seasoning, sauces, and spices. I went all out as it was nothing but rain, rain, rain the whole weekend. Lots of cooking and baking happened. Even a visit to a vegetarian festival. Stay tuned!