Ever have one of those morning were none of your breakfast staples really sound appealing? This usually happens to me when I’m very tired of sweets too. Well, anyways, today was one of those mornings. To spice things up I decided to have lunch for breakfast. No as popular as breakfast for dinner, but still solid swap.
It started out as fakin’ bacon, lettuce, and tomato on toast. Otherwise known as an F.L.T. But even that was too boring for me. I decided to make things more Casey-fied by adding some Obsessions. Plain greek yogurt on the bottom and avocado on top.
Fakin’ Bacon, Avocado, Lettuce, Tomato, Yogurt.
I love the tanginess the greek yogurt adds to it all. One of my favorite condiments.
Today there was pool time with friends, world cup watching, world cup mourning, Wimbledon watching, and Australia packing. Wow, that’s a lot of countries in one day.
I did find enough time to make some good eats.
Berry Ricotta Crostini
A while back, I had something similar to a ricotta crostini topped with a berry compote at a restaurant and have been itching to recreate it lately.
It was very simple to make and I’ll probably add this to my daily rotation. It would make a great appetizer too. There are minimal ingredients:
- Ricotta Cheese
- Fresh or Frozen Mixed Berries (any combination of blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries will do)
- Orange Juice
I’d recommend using a more rustic bread as a less dense piece will get soggy beneath the berry sauce and ricotta mixture. Next time I’m going to be sure to buy some thicker bread to test it on.
- Toast the bread as desired. (I like mine more crispy )
- Mix 1/4 tsp of vanilla into ricotta
- Spread a layer of the ricotta mixture on the bread.
- Meanwhile microwave mixed berries with a splash of orange juice for 30-45 seconds. You can use fresh or frozen berries, I used a mixture of both.
- Pour the sauce on top of the ricotta and then add the excess berries.
Dinner marked the return of Vegan Pizza.
Fresh out of the brick toaster oven
I toasted the flatbread until it was golden before I made this one. It made it easier to cut through after all the topping had cooked. This version of vegan pizza had:
- Roasted Corn
- Daiya Mozzarella cheese
Gotta get some rest for the 5k in the morning!
What do you do when you get into a food rut?